Stahl Polymers offers three polycarbodiimide crosslinkers that are compliant with the latest Swiss Ordinance on Materials and Articles for indirect food contact that came into force on 1st May 2017. EuPIA, the European Printing Ink Association, supports this guideline for food packaging printing inks. These three polycarbodiimide crosslinkers are:
- Picassian XL-721
- Picassian XL-732
- Picassian XL-702
- Longer pot life than other crosslinkers: days or even weeks, instead of hours
- No high temperature needed to react: at high temperature curing and reaction is fast, at room temperature reaction is slower, but still great
- No harmful classification. They are “label-free”.
- Improved adhesion strength to different substrates, like plastics
- Crosslinkers Picassian XL-702 and XL-732 are water-based, resulting in a minimal VOC level.
Suitable for all kind of substrates and coatings
The Stahl Polymers polycarbodiimide crosslinkers that are compliant with the latest Swiss Ordinance for indirect food contact are used for varying sorts of packaging and coatings, such as packaging films (BOPP, PETR, PE-film, a.o), aluminum packaging, lamination foils, paper and plastic labels, paper and corrugated board, ink receptive coatings (such as gravure, flexo, flexo-UV, digital and inkjet printing), primers, overprint varnishes, mar resistant matt coatings and soft touch coatings.
To learn more about Stahl Polymers polycarbodiimide crosslinkers for food packaging inks, please contact Stahl Polymers.